P.N. 9210 Heraklion, 03/02/2017
The Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology (IMBB) of the Foundation for Research and Technology Hellas (FORTH), in the framework of the project ARCHERS, aimed at reducing or even reversing the brain drain, which is funded by an exclusive donation of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, is seeking to recruit up to six post-doctoral fellows.
Job Description These Stavros Niarchos Foundation – FORTH fellows are expected to perform high quality research within one of the research areas, in which FORTH-IMBB excels both on the national and the international level (www.imbb.forth.gr). More specifically, the domains of interest in the present project are the science and innovation in the areas of environment, clean energy, health and the preservation of cultural heritage.
• PhD degree in Biological, Anthropological, Archaeological, Medical, Agricultural, Computational Sciences, Engineering and related fields
• Good knowledge of Greek and English language
• Publications in high impact peer-review journals (30%)
• Participation in national and international conferences (20%)
• Quality and relevance of the proposed post-doctoral project (30%)
• Ability and motivation to perform independent research (10%)
• Previous post-doctoral research experience (10%)
Location: IMBB-FORTH, Heraklion or Ioannina, GREECE
Earlier expected start date: 1st of April, 2017
Duration of appointment: 12 months (with possibility of extension up to 30 months, according to the needs of the project and the progress of the work).
Total budget: 2.000 € monthly cost
Application Submission Interested candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements are kindly asked to submit electronically their applications, no later than the 28 of February 2017, 23:59 local time (Greece) to the address (email@example.com). Any application received after the deadline will not be considered for the selection.
An acknowledgement email will be send to the receipt of application.
In order to be considered, the application must include:
• Filled-in Application Form
• Detailed curriculum vitae (CV) of the candidate
• Personal statement and career plans (maximum 2 pages)
• Description of the proposed research project with a suggestion for a scientific advisor and/or a hosting laboratory (maximum 2 pages)
• Copies of academic titles/transcripts
• Language certificates
• At least one reference letter
Contact For information and questions regarding the application and selection procedure, candidates are asked to contact Mrs. Eugenia Tabakaki between 11:00 and 13:00 (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +30 2811392280).
Selection Announcement Successful candidates should achieve at least 50% of the maximum score in the sum of the above qualifications. And interview with a selection committee may as well be scheduled for the selection. The result of the selection will be announced on the website of IMBB-FORTH. The selected applicant will be asked to submit the original certifications (or certified copies of them). In case the original documents do not match the copies that were submitted with the original application, the applicant will be dismissed from the application procedure. FORTH reserves the right not to accept the proposals submitted.
Candidates have the right to appeal the selection decision, by addressing their written objection to the IMBB secretariat within five (5) days since the results announcement on the web. They also have the right to access (a) the files of the candidates as well as (b) the table of candidates’ scores (ranking of candidates results). All the above information related to the selection procedure will be available at the secretariat of IMBB-FORTH in line with the Hellenic Data Protection Authority.