The Institute of Chemical Engineering Sciences (ICE-HT) of the Foundation for Research and Technology – Hellas (FORTH), in the framework of the project ARCHERS, which is funded by an exclusive donation of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, is seeking to recruit one post-doctoral researcher. The project aims at reducing or even reversing the brain drain by providing high quality research opportunities to young scientists of Greek origin.
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation – FORTH fellows are expected to perform high quality research within one of the research areas, in which FORTH/ICE-HT excels both on the national and the international level (www.iceht.forth.gr). More specifically, the domains of interest in the present project are the preservation of cultural heritage and the science and innovation in the areas of environment, clean energy and health.
Title of research assignment: Development of electrocatalysts for PEM fuel cells
Description: The research work concerns the following: (a) Development of metal supported electrocatalysts targeting fuel cell applications; (b) Physicochemical characterization of electrocatalysts for their morphology, surface properties (state and elemental composition), metallic surface area, crystalline structure, using methods like XPS, XRD, SEM, TEM, TGA. (c) Evaluation of the electrochemical performance and stability of the developed materials using ex-situ liquid electrochemistry (RDE) and in-situ testing in single PEM fuel cells.
- PhD degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- Good knowledge of Greek and English language
Criteria for Selection
- PhD in project related discipline (20%)
- Experience in development of electrocatalysts/electrodes (20%)
- Experience in physicochemical characterization of electrocatalysts/electrodes with emphasis on surface science techniques (20%)
- Proven research and lab experience in the investigation of electrochemical processes for energy related technologies (10%)
- Ability to perform independent research (10%)
- Previous Post-Doctoral experience, relative to project (20%)
- Publications in high impact peer-review journals
- Participation in national and international conferences
- Quality of the proposed post-doctoral project
- Ability and motivation to perform independent research
- Previous post-doctoral research experience
- According to international practice, the academic age (number of years after the Ph.D. degree award year) will be taken into consideration as a selection criterion; preference will be given to Post-Doctoral researchers with an academic age less or equal to 10 years.
Location: FORTH/ICE-HT, Patras, GREECE
Start Date: 1st of December, 2017
Duration of appointment: 9 months (with possibility of extension according to the needs of the project).
Interested candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements are kindly asked to submit their applications, no later than the 16th of October 2017, 23:59 local time (Greece) to the address a href=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org” target=”_blank”> email@example.com.
For more information please visit:http://www.iceht.forth.gr/jobs/2195_PostDoc_Invitation.pdf