Ref. Number: 74
Heraklion 1st February, 2017
The Institute of Applied and Computational Mathematics (IACM) of the Foundation for Research and Technology Hellas (FORTH), in the framework of the project ARCHERS, aimed at reducing or even reversing the brain drain, which is funded by an exclusive donation of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, is seeking to recruit one (1) PhD student.
Job Description The Ph.D. candidate awarded the Stavros Niarchos Foundation – FORTH fellowship is expected to perform high-quality research in the area of numerical modelling of coastal processes, with applications focused on the Cretan coastal zone, using modern coastal hydrodynamic and morphodynamic models, in combination with the use of field data.
• MSc degree in Mathematics
• BSc degree in Mathematics
• Excellent knowledge of Greek and English Language
• Ongoing PhD candidate in relevant topic
• Experience in numerical modelling of coastal processes (30 %)
• Experience in on-site coastal data collection, archiving and processing (25 %)
• Experience in statistical analysis of meteorological and coastal-related time-series data using SPSS and MATLAB (25 %)
• Previous participation on related research projects (20%)
Location: IACM-FORTH, Heraklion Crete GREECE
Start Date: 1st of April, 2017
Duration of appointment: 12 months.
Application Submission Interested candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements are kindly asked to submit their applications, no later than the 28 of February 2017, 23:59 local time (Greece) to the address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
In order to be considered, the application package must include:
• Filled-in Application Form
• Detailed curriculum vitae (CV) of the candidate
• Copies of academic titles/transcripts
• Language certificates
• At least one Recommendation Letter by previous supervisors / employers
Any application received after the deadline will not be considered for the selection Contact For information and questions regarding the application and selection procedure, candidates are asked to contact the IACM secretariat (email@example.com), tel. +30 2810-391800. For additional information on the specific research subject, candidates may contact Dr. Nikolaos Kampanis (firstname.lastname@example.org), tel. +30 2810-391780.
Selection Announcement The result of the selection will be announced on the website of IACM-FORTH. Candidates have the right to appeal the selection decision, by addressing their written objection to the IACM secretariat within five (5) days since the results announcement on the web. They also have the right to access (a) the files of the candidates as well as (b) the table of candidates’ scores (ranking of candidates results). All the above information related to the selection procedure will be available at the secretariat of IACM-FORTH in line with the Hellenic Data Protection Authority.