Ref. Number: 73
Heraklion 1st February, 2017
The Institute of Applied and Computational Mathematics (IACM) of the Foundation for Research and Technology Hellas (FORTH), in the framework of the project ARCHERS, aimed at reducing or even reversing the brain drain, which is funded by an exclusive donation of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, is seeking to recruit one (1) PhD student.
Job Description The Ph.D. candidate awarded the Stavros Niarchos Foundation – FORTH fellowship is expected to perform high-quality research on innovative methods for the numerical solution of shallow-water equations
• Basic Degree in Sciences or Engineering
• MSc degree in Applied Mathematics or related disciplines.
• Good knowledge of Greek and English language
• Experience in scientific computing and in the numerical solution of partial differential equations
• Good background in numerical methods for partial differential equations (30 %)
• Extensive experience in scientific computing (35 %)
• Good background in modelling water wave problems (35%)
Location: IACM-FORTH, Heraklion Crete, GREECE
Start Date: 1st of April, 2017
Duration of appointment: 18 months
Application Submission Interested candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements are kindly asked to submit their applications, no later than the 28 of February 2017, 23:59 local time (Greece) to the address (email@example.com).
In order to be considered, the application package must include:
• Filled-in Application Form
• Detailed curriculum vitae (CV) of the candidate
• Copies of academic titles/transcripts
• Language certificates
Any application received after the deadline will not be considered for the selection Contact For information and questions regarding the application and selection procedure, candidates may contact the IACM secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org), tel. +30 2810-391800. For additional information on the specific research subject, candidates may contact Prof. V.A. Dougalis (email@example.com).
Selection Announcement The result of the selection will be announced on the website of IACM-FORTH. Candidates have the right to appeal the selection decision, by addressing their written objection to the IACM secretariat within five (5) days since the results announcement on the web. They also have the right to access (a) the files of the candidates as well as (b) the table of candidates’ scores (ranking of candidates results). All the above information related to the selection procedure will be available at the secretariat of IACM-FORTH in line with the Hellenic Data Protection Authority.