Ref. 261 Rethymno 21/03/2018
The Institute for Mediterranean Studies of the Foundation for Research and Technology – Hellas (FORTH), in the framework of the project ARCHERS, which is funded by an exclusive donation of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, is seeking to recruit 1 post-doctoral fellow. The project aims at reducing or even reversing the brain drain by providing high quality research opportunities to young scientists of Greek origin.
Job Description The Stavros Niarchos Foundation – FORTH fellows are expected to perform high quality research within one of the research areas, in which FORTH -IMS excels both on the national and the international level www.ims.forth.gr. More specifically, the domains of interest in the present project are the preservation of cultural heritage and the science and innovation in the areas of environment as well as the societal implications of innovation in these sectors.
Part 1: 1 Post – Doctoral Fellow satisfying the below eligibility criteria
PhD degree in Landscape Archaeology, Geoinformatics & Methodologies in Cultural Heritage.
Good knowledge of Greek and English language
• Publications in peer review journals and/or international conferences. • Experience in the organization of Workshops.
• Participation in national and international conferences
• Quality of the proposed post-doctoral project
• Ability and motivation to perform independent research
• Previous post-doctoral research experience
• Experience with computer programming
• According to international practice, the academic age (number of years after the Ph.D. degree award year) will be taken into consideration as a selection criterion; preference will be given to PostDoctoral researchers with an academic age less or equal to 10 years.
Location: IMS-FORTH, Rethymnon Crete GREECE
Start Date: 1st June, 2018
Duration of appointment: 12 months (with possibility of extension according to the needs of the project).
Application Submission Interested candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements are kindly asked to submit their applications, no later than theApril 15th 2018, , 23:59 local time (Greece) to the address: email@example.com
In order to be considered, the application must include:
• Filled-in Application Form www.ims.forth.gr
• Detailed curriculum vitae (CV) of the candidate
• Statement of purpose with a proposed project in a specific sub-area of research and a relation to the appropriate scientific contact person (maximum 2 pages)
• Copies of academic titles/transcripts
• Language certificates
• At least three referees
Any application received after the deadline will not be considered for the selection Contact For information and questions regarding the application and selection procedure, candidates are asked to contact Ms. Georgia Papadaki (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 0030 – 2831025146)
Selection Announcement The result of the selection will be announced on the website of IMS-FORTH (www.ims.forth.gr). Candidates have the right to appeal the selection decision, by addressing their written objection to the IMS secretariat within five (5) days from the results announcement on the web. They also have the right to access their evaluation. The information related to the selection procedure will be available at the secretariat of IMSFORTH in line with the Hellenic Data Protection Authority.