The Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology (IMBB) of the Foundation for Research and Technology – Hellas (FORTH), in the framework of the project ARCHERS, which is funded by an exclusive donation of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, is seeking to recruit 6 post-doctoral fellows. The project aims at reducing or even reversing the brain drain by providing high quality research opportunities to young scientists of Greek origin.
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation – FORTH fellows are expected to perform high quality research within one of the research areas, in which FORTH-IMBB excels both on the national and the international level (www.imbb.forth.gr). More specifically, the domains of interest in the present project are the preservation of cultural heritage and the science and innovation in the areas of environment, clean energy and health. Fellows selected by IMBB are expected to join a research group working in one of diverse areas of the Biosciences.
- PhD degree in Biomedical Sciences or related fields
- Good knowledge of Greek and English language
- Publications in scientific journals
- Participation in national and international conferences
- Quality of the proposed post-doctoral project
- Ability and motivation to perform independent research
- Previous post-doctoral research experience
- According to international practice, the academic age (number of years after the Ph.D. degree award year) will be taken into consideration as a selection criterion; preference will be given to Post-Doctoral researchers with an academic age less or equal to 10 years.
IMBB-FORTH, Heraklion Crete and Ioannina Epirus, GREECE
Start Date: 01/01/2018
Duration of appointment: 12 months (with possibility of extension according to the needs of the project).
Interested candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements are kindly asked to submit their applications, no later than the 16 of October 2017, 23:59 local time (Greece) to the address (email@example.com).
For more information please visit our website at http://www.imbb.forth.gr/jobs/11_09_17_SNF0047.pdf